Inaugurated in 1959, the Golf de Saint-Nom-la-Bretèche is a private golf club consisting of two 18 hole golf courses. The club house was adapted form a magnificent farm of the 18th century that was part of the royal lands of the chateau of Versailles.
The Golf de Saint-Nom-la-Bretèche is reserved for members, their family members and their guests.
Even from the early years it hosted the World Championships of 1963, and then for 35 years the Lancome Trophy, a major tournament of the European tour that welcomes the best players in the world. That strongly contributed to the reputation of our club and its golf courses.
The architect Fred Hawtree designed the two Saint-Nom courses in the tradition of the great Anglo-Saxon golf courses. Like the great architects, he was able to create a layout in perfect harmony with the plain of Versailles.
During these 60 years, the two courses have benefited from the various tournaments that have taken place, which has allowed a permanent upgrade to the standards of the European Tour.
A composite makes it possible to optimize the best holes for a great championship course. Permanent human and mechanical investments guarantee constant quality maintenance, which is the pride of its members today.
The Red and the Blue course give members the pleasure of evolving on two very complementary courses.