"The Rome Golf Club" probably already existed before 1903. The members, mainly British diplomats and American golf enthusiasts, adapted to play on the lawns of Roman villas: Villa Doria Pamphilj, Villa Borghese, as well as a path outside Porta San Giovanni.
In January 1903, as reported in the first minutes available, the Shareholders'' Meeting appointed Mr. Arthur Flach appointed Hon. Captain to look for suitable "links" to have a path suited to their needs.
The Extraordinary Assembly of November 28, 1903, after evaluating some alternatives, ratified the choice proposed by Mr. Flach, the "links" are to Acqua Santa, on the land owned by the Torlonia Princes. The rent agreed for the land and a rustic farmhouse, which will be the first clubhouse, is 2,900 Lire a year, for three years with the possibility of renewal for another six, with the benefit of grazing and forage income. The "links" of Acquasanta were particularly suitable for hosting a golf course, with an extraordinary 360-degree panorama: on one side the view of the Claudio aqueduct, on the other the mausoleum of Cecilia Metella, on the western horizon the basilica of San Giovanni in Laterano and the dome of San Pietro.
Circolo del Golf Roma Acquasanta
Via Appia Nuova, 716/a, 00178 Roma RM
+39 06 780 3407