The Golf Club Patriziale Ascona was officially founded in March 1928.
The initial idea of building a golf course in Ascona started in early 1925, and in 1926 for the very first time the word "Golf" arose in the Patriziale`s acts.
Plans for building the course were laid out in 1926, with full planning for 18 holes on 50 hectares and with a course length of 5324 meters. In a short time work began and the first four holes were soon completed.
For the Verbano region the 30`s are a period of great change. Ascona in particular is becoming internationally known as a very beautiful and cultural town.
Great care is taken in the constant development and improvement of the course and its infrastructure with the result the Golf Club Patriziale Ascona has indeed an excellent reputation and was in 1999 voted the “Best Golf Course in Switzerland”.